Call for Papers & Workshops
TSN/A Conference l October 7 - 8, 2020
Deadline Call for Papers: May 24, 2020
Conference on Time Sensitive Networks / Technology and Applications (TSN/A)
For Cyber Physical Systems (CPS), Industrial Internet of Things, Real-Time Audio & Video, and Intelligent Transportation Systems
The TSN/A Conference will take place on 7-8 October! Depending on the Covid-19 situation, either as planned in a real-life version or as a virtual conference.
The TSN/A Conference is jointly organized by Avnu Alliance in Cooperation with the German trade publications Computer&AUTOMATION and Elektronik automotive.
We are pleased to issue a call for papers for the fifth annual technical conference focused on Time-Sensitive Networks and Applications to be held at the Marriott Hotel Frankfurt am Main in Germany on 7- 8 October 2020. This event is designed to provide attendees with an overview of current and emerging use cases, standards, and technologies related to real-time and distributed applications and networks where systems interact with the physical world in a way that is time and/or mission critical. Application areas include but not limited to Cyber Physical Systems (CPS), Industrial Internet of Things, Real-Time Audio & Video, Aerospace, and Intelligent Transportation Systems.
Please submit an abstract by 24 May 2020 after reviewing the Speaker Guidelines and Milestones below.
All speakers should keep in mind that they will be presenting to experts across a broad spectrum of industries and therefore the presentations must provide a sufficiently succinct background of the topic before presenting their main idea. Product-focused "sales pitches" will not be allowed.
By submitting an abstract, you agree that you are committed to presenting at the technical conference if your abstract is selected by the committee.
Please ensure that at least one of the authors of a contribution is available to travel to the conference if it is held face-to-face.. Speakers are responsible for their travel arrangements and expenses. All selected speakers must abide by the milestones listed in order to participate.
The language of the conference is English.
- Emerging standards for wireline and wireless Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN)
- TSN – advances in the silicon-market
- TSN – its influence on transforming Industrial Automation
- Use of TSN in Industrial Automation
- Heterogeneous TSN Networks
- Migration to TSN networks
- Use of 5G URLLC in industrial applications / interworking with TSN
- TSN and higher layer application Protocols (OPC UA/etc.)
- Edge/Fog-Computing in combination with TSN, OPC UA and 5G
- TSN for automotive in-vehicle networks with functional safety
- Requirements for automated driving / autonomous vehicles
- TSN for aerospace; use, requirements, and expectations
- Current Deployments of Real-Time AVB or TSN in production installation
- Emerging real-time audio/video over Ethernet with AVB/TSN
- Security and TSN in distributed real-time systems
- Safety-Critical distributed systems over TSN
- TSN support in the Operating System (e.g., Linux+PreemptRT, RTOS)
- Open Source software stacks for TSN protocols
- Timing guarantees within computing systems
- Interworking of IEEE 1588 / PTP Profiles in Time-Sensitive Applications
- Routability of TSN with DetNet: Signaling and Transport
- Network hierarchy provided by TSN and DetNet
- 24 May 2020 – Deadline Call for Paper
Data needed for submission:
- Abstract (not-to-exceed 100 words–for use in review and program guide)
- 50 word bio from each speaker
- 19 June 2020 – Abstracts selected, and speakers notified
- 8 September 2020 – Final presentation due
We look forward to hearing from you.
The final date for submissions is May 24, 2020.
Phone: +49 (0) 89 25556-1610