Call for Papers & Workshops
Automotive Ethernet Congress 2020
February 12 - 13, 2029 l Munich, Germany
At the fifth Automotive Ethernet Congress in the middle of February, approximately 1,000 participants, speakers and exhibitors learned about technical innovations, approaches, opportunities and challenges of this technology. They informed themselves about the current state of the art and discussed how and when to leave the CAN ecosystem used to date. Now it is time to prepare the sixth Automotive Ethernet Congress, which will take place on 12 and 13 February 2020 in Westin Grand Hotel Munich. Therefore, we call upon you with this Call for Papers to send us your presentation and workshop proposals.
The vehicle is undergoing the greatest change since it was first built. Autonomous driving, digitalization and connectivity of the vehicle with the environment and passengers will completely change individual mobility. Important for this is a powerful In-vehicle network-technology such as Automotive Ethernet. The aim is to implement a single vehicle network with Automotive Ethernet – instead of operating many technologies. Of course, this also means abandoning classic serial bus systems and avoiding proprietary technologies. Is that realistic?
The sixth Automotive Ethernet Congress will discuss this point and bring a wide survey of the technical innovations. Additionally, accompanied by practically oriented contributions, it tables substantial assistance for concrete implementation of Ethernet projects: Application-related and solution-based papers convey sound, well-founded professional expertise for all those wanting to explore and utilize the full potential of automotive Ethernet. Plus, the Automotive Ethernet Congress 2020 offers participants the opportunity in workshops to discuss a problem in small groups and possibly solve it.
Take part in the Automotive Ethernet Congress 2020 with technical papers, examples from real-life practice, workshops and reports of experience. Send us your suggestions on topics like the following:
• Introduction: fundamentals for Ethernet users
• Architecture: Use of Ethernet in an Automotive Environment, requirements
• Concrete implementation of automotive Ethernet projects
• Physical layer: solutions for 10 Mbit/s, 100 Mbit/s and 1 Gbit/s
• Interoperability tests: components working together
• Audio/video transmission: AVB and TSN in practice
• Safety and security: critical applications with Ethernet
• Use cases: new possibilities for Ethernet use
• Tools: test and development systems
• Electromagnetic compatibility: from cable to compliance testing
• Outlook: en route to 10 Gbit/s and beyond – requirements, challenges, new data rates
These are just a few ideas for a paper you might propose. You're welcome to send us an abstract on other aspects in and around the automotive Ethernet topic.
We're looking forward to all your interesting proposals in English. The closing date for submissions is July 31, 2019.
Phone: +49 (0) 89 25556-1369