Call for Papers & Workshops
TSN/A Conference l October 8 - 9, 2019
Deadline Call for Papers: April 30, 2019
The TSN/A Conference is jointly organized by Avnu Alliance in Cooperation with the German trade publications Computer&AUTOMATION and Elektronik automotive.
We are pleased to issue a call for papers for the fourth annual technical conference focused on Time Sensitive Networks and Applications for Cyber Physical Systems (CPS), Industrial Internet of Things, Real-Time Audio & Video, and Intelligent Transportation Systems – to be held at the Maritim Hotel Bad Homburg near Frankfurt am Main in Germany on October 8-9, 2019. This event is designed to provide attendees with an overview of current and emerging standards and technologies related to real-time and distributed applications and networks where systems interact with the physical world in a way that is tightly coupled in time.
We also intend to dedicate time to presenters submitting abstracts on the application of 5G for industrial and transportations systems, especially as they relate to seamless interworking of 5G URLLC features (Ultra Reliable Low Latency Communications) with the time-synchronization and robustness/low-latency of TSN.
Presentation opportunities will be provided in both 30-minute and 60-minute formats. Please submit an abstract by April 30, 2019. Prior to submitting your abstract, please be sure to review the Speaker Guidelines and Milestones below.
All speakers should keep in mind that they will be presenting to experts across a broad spectrum of industries, and therefore the presentations must provide a sufficiently succinct background of the topic before presenting their main idea. Product-focused "sales pitches" will not be allowed.
By submitting an abstract you agree that you are committed to presenting at the technical conference if your abstract is selected by the committee.
Please ensure you are available to travel (if necessary). Speakers are responsible for their travel arrangements and expenses. All selected speakers must abide by the milestones listed in order to participate.
The conference language will be English!
- Emerging Standards for Wired and Wireless Time Sensitive Networking (TSN)
- TSN – Advances in the Chip-Market
- TSN – its influence on transforming Industrial Automation
- Coexistence of Fieldbuses operating on Ethernet TSN Network
- Security and TSN in distributed real-time systems
- TSN and higher layer application Protocols (OPC UA/Alternatives)
- TSN support in the OS (e.g., Linux, RTOS)
- Time and latency guarantees within computing systems
- Interworking of IEEE 1588 / PTP Profiles in Time-Sensitive Applications
- Safety-Critical distributed systems over TSN
- Open Source software stacks for TSN protocols
- Use of 5G URLLC in industrial applications / interworking with TSN
- Edge-/Fog-Computing in combination with TSN, OPC UA und 5G
- Requirements for aviation systems
- Requirements for automated driving / autonomous vehicles
- Emerging real-time audio/video over Ethernet with AVB/TSN
- Current Deployments of Real-Time AVB or TSN in production installations
- Routability of TSN with DetNet: Signaling and Transport
- April 30, 2019 – Deadline Call for Papers
Data needed for submission:
- Abstract (not-to-exceed 100 word abstract – for use in review and program guide)
- 50 word bio from each speaker
- June 4, 2019 – Abstracts selected and speakers notified
- August 30, 2019 – Final presentation due
We look forward to hearing from you.
The final date for submissions is April 30, 2019.
Phone: +49 (0) 89 25556-1610